Wednesday, November 28, 2012

All that Sparkles...Is this Sequin Blazer.

It's been a month since the last time I did a post that featured a blazer, for me that may as well be an eternity. Now, if you follow me on Twitter you know about the blazer I am wearing. For those who aren't following me on Twitter...why not? I thought you liked me? Oh you don't have a twitter account? No worries then. For the rest of you really?

Back to my post. I saw this blazer on Cityline and I fell in LOVE (plus I swear Tracy Moore was talking to me and telling me that this blazer was made for me, this happens to me every once in a while during Cityline). A sequin blazer in black...are you kidding me? Where have you been all my life. No, I seriously thought that. I got in my minivan the next day to chase down this blazer...I didn't have to go far because this blazer is from SEARS. Yes Sears. Not only was it from Sears it was $45 because they were having a promotion on Jessica Brand clothing - 50% off! SOLD! Right now the blazer is $54.

Now some will turn up their noses at Sears, I ask why? Shop at Joe Fresh, F21, Old Navy or H&M? I'm sure the quality of this blazer is just as good (I'm guessing a lot better than F21) as any of the retailers I've just mentioned. Plus if I never told you where I bought it you might think BCBG (that's what most people guessed, because I made them). I love the way it sparkles.



This blazer is fully lined, nothing says poor quality more then an unlined blazer.




Love the button placement, the "girls" are locked and loaded. The waist is defined and nicely cinched. When choosing a blazer cut is the most important aspect. If it does not fit you properly DON'T buy the blazer. This cut was perfect for me, shoulders fit, I could move my arms and the length worked.

When I wore this outfit to the Jelena Rozga concert (Croatian singer) I changed out the black shoes and went with my leopard print heels and added a statement necklace. Next time I'm adding pearls, I love pearls and sequin (Lynn Spence and I agree on that). Cannot wait to wear this blazer to Christmas parties and any other holiday festivity.

Blazer - Sears (here)
Coated Denim - Yoga Jeans
Top - Ann Taylor
Shoes - Jimmy Choo
Bracelets - J Crew, Cocoa Jewelry, Stella & Dot

I'm linking up for WIWW with the Transatlantic Blonde. Please click on the badge to your left.

I am excited to tell you that I reviewed Tristan's Cruise and Spring line for 2013, post will be coming in a day or two. It's cold outside, I'm hoping the clothing will give you warm thoughts.

I'm also linking up with Walking with Style & Grace. Come and check out some great blogs!

22 comments:

  1. You look super elegant and classy !!


    XX Luba
    :: Well Living Blog :: red coat in my look today
    http://very-well-living.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous blazer!!!!! You bring up a great point about Sears....never thought of it that way:)! I really love the way you styled this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely stunning ..
    I am not a clothes snob .. I think if you look hard and know what is good and what is not so good you can shop ANYWHERE!

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, gorgeous! I love sequins. Is there a Sears in Boston? Going to be there for Christmas ... beyond excited:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS blazer..my sister is obsessed with sequins..like beyond obsessed...she is slowly making me crave a sequined blazer ad leggings and you just confirmed my desire for one..loos great!
    I do shop at H&M and F21 (which I also kinda cringe at) but you can not deny their clothes are so on trend..not old navy so much...not a fan!
    Sheree xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 100% Sheree. I just wanted to point out that we can buy clothing anywhere and it can look fantastic. I have clothes from all retailers but the most negative looks have been about this blazer and Sears.

      Delete
  6. I can't believe it's from Sears! I love it. It looks like a nice quality blazer & so chic...can't go wrong there. :)
    Visiting from the Transatlantic Blonde Link up. I'm going back through your blog & checking out oder posts now :)

    xo,

    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about this look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sears gets a bad rap more for its feel, and you have to admit there is alot of yucky stuff too. I will go in anywhere, but there are days when I can't find anything at my favourite stores and there are days when you find a gem somewhere you usually overlook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jane! I was just getting the fashion stink eye from people and I went with the good defence strategy.

      Delete
  9. Sears?! I saw your twitter feed and still can't believe it's from Sears. Too cute.
    And are we talking former lead singer of Magasin?? How was it!!!!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the same one. It was really good. She has a lot of energy and can really sing. We all enjoyed ourselves.

      Delete
  10. You have the best clothes and collection of blazers! And yes, I would have guessed this was from a high end retailer rather than SEARS. :) It's sold out on the small sizes but if I was click happy I would have tried the 2 and hoped for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the jacket and the simple way you have styled it, just found your blog through style guile..... We seem to like the same blogs. Your blog is fab and a new one for me to read, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ADORE that blazer! It's incredible!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look gorgeous in that blazer!! Yes I was surprised Sears, I would have thought Macy's but I love it.
    Blessings,
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing find...now that would look great over a holiday dress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, Iva!! I've never worn sequins in my life but I can be persuaded after seeing how you paired yours with black skinny pants and heels. Very tasteful and oh so sophisticated. Would love for you to give me a few inches of your height!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so nice. Perfect blazer. Would you like to follow each other via bloglovin? Have a nice day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. That blazer is SO awesome! (And by the way you look better in it than the Sears model.) I've been loving a bit of sequin this season... dying to make myself a matte silver sequin pencil skirt, but have been trying to keep my new projects to a minimum until I finish most of the old ones! Haha

    Love your style and love your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine.

    ReplyDelete